Saturday 8 February 2014

5th February

Wednesday.
 The weather is still appalling and we are starting to wonder if there will ever be a day without rain - somehow it doesn't seem likely.
Spent the day in the craft room, or as much as I was allowed.
Janis took my cards, just the four of them, down to the Charity shop to sell, my first venture into commerce. Very Scary.
I decided I would make cards out of the free pack from Cardmaking and Papercraft and made six cards one after the other. I must admit they made themselves really, nothing to do with me. I love working with Adorable Scoreable it just works so well and the images have a real sheen to them.
These are the 5 cards I made using the free kit.






In the evening we went to the cinema in the Tolmen centre. This is quite an event and includes a meal (fish bake and pavlova), a bottle of red wine, a comfy sofa and a rather cold room. The film was called Broken and was about a young girl about to go to senior school who witnesses violence and slowly all sorts of ugliness come to the surface. I felt very sorry for the girl and some of her neighbours. Although the language was earthy the overall feel of the film was good and it made me sniff a little in places.

I love the fact that the cinema is now down stairs instead of in the theatre upstairs, much cosier and the seats are more comfortable.

As I said - the room was a bit cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment