Sunday 18 May 2014

May 18th

What a glorious day. In fact it has been a pretty amazing week with the bluest of skies and the merest whisper of a breeze.

On Sunday evening Mum and I went to the Tolmen Centre for dinner and a show. The dinner was, as always, very tasty and the pudding definitely not weight watchers. Afterwards we went upstairs and watched a show by the Miracle Theatre Group called The Case of the Frightened Lady. We were told by those in the know that as it was the last night there was a lot of ad libbing going on. Whether that was true or not the company and the audience had a great evening. The seats were all full and there was enough of an interval for people to top up their wine glasses or purchase coffee so all were happy.

On Monday Janis and I cleaned the house then dashed around several shops looking for the bits and pieces we had identified we need (yes we are still on needs, we haven't got to the wants yet) for the house. It was a busy day and, for Janis, the best bit was that Sky came and we now have a television with lots of channels (and still nothing to watch).

On Tuesday Mum went to Trebah gardens for lunch so I stayed at home and did a bit more unpacking and cleaning and Janis dashed over to Mums to check a few things and then made sure she got picked up for her lunch. He had an interview at the Job Centre in the afternoon so i took him into Penryn then picked Mum up and we all had a Cornish Cream tea in our new sitting room. It was the first time Mum had seen it since we put the furniture in.

On Wednesday I managed to get into my craft room for an hour or so, which I haven't done for a while. I finished a card i had been toying with. Its a bit of a change for me because, rather than stamping the image of the bottles and glasses i painted them. I think it is something i would like to do more of in the future, it makes it more personal. The main image of the grapes is one of those rub on transfers and it has worked really well.
I did my stint at the Save the Children Shop in the afternoon. I managed to not buy a really lovely highly decorated fruit bowl only because someone came in and bought it before i could make my mind up and just got away with a couple of photo frames a table runner and a book. Not bad for me. It was really hot and sunny so the shop was very poorly visited. Although, just as i was closing up (as usual) someone decided to try on some clothes.

I had my hair coloured on Thursday morning. Turns out it should have been Tuesday and I forgot. Luckily they tell me they don't hold grudges for long. Only joking. They are lovely people in Constantine Hair Salon. Then, bright red again, I drove to Mawnan Smith to collect Mum from her ceramics class. We decided to visit the cafe on the square for lunch and I am really glad we did. It is a light airy place with big mismatched tables and chairs and a really bright young woman running it (owning it as well i think). It was a nice lunch with lots of little conversations to overhear and observations to make (just as I like it)

When we left the cafe we drove along the lane between Mawnan Smith and High Cross (Constantine) and made a couple of stops to take photo's because the scenery is so amazing.



This is one of the prettiest places on the lane. It is home to some of the rarest and ugliest ducks i have ever seen but the pond itself is calm and surrounded by woods.
As you can see it has been a really good year for bluebells, they are everywhere. We couldn't resist stopping and taking this shot.

Friday is Mums day at Manaccan so I dropped her off and then got some work done in my craft room. I have to have the window open all the time because of the heat, who would have thought it would come to this when last week it was all rain and brief sunny periods?

The last of our furniture has been delivered and although the list of needs is still almost as long as ever, we are becoming comfortable. We now have pots in the garden and a double bed in the spare room so i think we might be ready for visitors soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment